Thursday, July 2, 2015

WATCH: Judge, suspect realize they were middle school classmates

The emotional reunion between a Miami judge and her old middle school classmate proves just how drastically one person’s life can change. On Thursday, 49-year-old Arthur Booth went before a judge in bond court on several charges, including burglary, grand theft, fleeing, and resisting arrest. Judge Mindy Glazer, however, had more to discuss with Booth than just his crime. “Mr. Booth, I have a question for you,” she said in a video of the hearing, before asking if the suspect once attended Nautilus Middle School.

"Oh my goodness, oh my goodness," Booth said repeatedly, first smiling before covering his head and crying. "I'm sorry to see you there, I always wondered what happened to you sir," Glazer said, as Booth continued weeping. "This was the nicest kid in middle school, he was the best kid in middle school. I used to play football with him, all the kids, and look what has happened." She continued, "I am so sorry to see you there. Mr. Booth, I hope you are able to change your ways, good luck to you," she said. "What's sad is how old we've become. Good luck to you sir, I hope you are able to come out of this ok and just lead a lawful life." According to NBC New York, Booth was driving a vehicle suspected to be involved in a home burglary. When an officer attempted to stop the gold Honda Accord he was driving, Booth reportedly took off and prompted a pursuit. After running stop signs and being involved in two car accidents, Booth crashed his car and fled on foot. He was caught a short time later, and his bond was set at $43,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...